Golfing in Lakewood
A Golfing Weekend in Lakewood, WA
- Chambers Bay Golfers of all abilities are welcome at this majestic nearby course that features stunning views of the snow-capped Olympic Mountains and the Puget Sound. Spend a day walking among windswept fescue grasses, towering sand dunes, and massive fairways as you make your way through all 18 holes. Known for hosting several U.S. Amateurs and Opens, Chambers Bay is undoubtedly one of the best-known courses in Washington. But it is still remarkably accessible to all, offering world-class instruction and practice facilities for every age and ability. After your round or lesson, relax at the Chambers Bay Grill and enjoy delicacies like their famous Wagyu burger or the Puget Sound Salad (and don’t forget to sip something from their full bar service as you take in the panoramic views!)
- Oakbrook Golf Spend a day teeing up on this course so picturesque it doubles as a wedding venue. The Oakbrook Golf course features hundreds of oak trees and impeccable turf conditions (the best public greens in Washington!). This classic, 18 hole and 6,700+ yard championship course is challenging but fair, with fantastic playing conditions for golfers of all levels. After 4 hours of play, retire to The Adriatic, Oakbrook’s restaurant, for a classy indoor dining experience, or order your meal to-go and set up a relaxed picnic at the nearby Chambers Creek Regional Park.
- American Lake U.S.Veterans should be sure to check out the American Lake Veterans Course. Established shortly after the end of WWII in the mid-1950s, this golf course’s 377 acres have since been lovingly restored by committed veterans. The American Lake course’s mission is to provide rehabilitation and a recreational outlet for veterans, including those who are severely disabled. To serve this community, the course features infrastructure like an accessible bathroom and specialized paragolf carts, as well as therapy, socialization, and rehabilitation services. Come for the day to learn more about this veteran-only course and to play their new back nine holes, aka the “Nicklaus Nine.
- Meadow Park A fun and challenging course to play, practice, and socialize for the whole golfing community at an affordable price. Stop by the covered driving range that has recently been upgraded with heated stalls perfect for a chilly morning or misty Washington afternoon! Or bring the family and spend a day on the Williams Nine, a 9-hole course where you can “Play it Forward” by choosing one of five different tee box and yardage options. If you’re looking for a more extensive game, Meadow Park has you covered- visit the 18-hole Championship Course designed by acclaimed course architect, John Ball. After a day of excitement, chow down at Foley’s Sports Bar and Grill, a family-friendly and family-owned restaurant that offers a fantastic menu and a lively atmosphere.
- Home Course With a double-ended all-grass driving range, large putting and chipping greens, and an on-site PGA Learning Center, The Home Course has a full array of options for players of all abilities. Opened in the early summer of 2007, The Home Course was quickly lauded by Golfweek magazine as the No. 2-ranked “Best Public Course in Washington.” And it’s not hard to see why- the course is extremely walkable with stunning panoramic views of Puget Sound, the Olympic Mountains, and Mount Rainier present throughout your game. Plus the course features a state-of-the-art Golf House Grill ideal for a delicious mid-round snack, the post-round 19th hole, or casual lunch. And now for a limited time only (May 1st 2021-July 31st 2021), The Home Course is offering a “Stay ‘N Play” deal: book a room in any of the five luxurious DuPont Hotels through the linked page and receive up to two free rounds of golf with cart.
- Eagle’s Pride This 27-hole championship course features exceptional greens, immaculate fairways, and impressive design sure to complement and impress golfers of all levels. Eagle’s Pride is considered a treasure of the Pacific Northwest, sprawled under the shadow of the magnificent Mount Rainier. One of the best courses in Western Washington, Eagle’s Pride is impressively designed, with an 18-hole winter configuration that rotates in March to a 27-hole summer layout. In addition, golfers can enjoy year-round practice and fun at the 10 lighted and heated covered hitting areas. Stay the weekend to take full advantage of nearby recreation, such as ‘Pizza & Bowling Sundays,’ the aquatic center complete with 4 pools, waterslides and a wading area, climbing classes, and more!
- Additional Offerings Traditional golf not your thing or looking to mix it up? Lakewood has you covered! Spend an extra day to experience these unique and family-fun activities. Check out the beautiful wooded Fort Steilacoom Disc Golf Park that will be sure to challenge your throwing arm! Or score a goal hole at the FootGolf course, located in Meadow Park! And wrap up or warm-up for a weekend of golf at the Parkland Putters Miniature Golf Course, famous for its ‘boat course,’ hidden holes, and a wide array of courses. We’ll see you soon!